::::QUICK TIP:::: Look how hot J. Lo looks! You can look good, feel comfortable, and flashy but still be a lady. The trick? If you are wearing a short skirt, wear a top that shows a little less cleavage and skin. If you wear pants, you can show off a little more on top. It's balance :-)
I love salsa dancing and every time I go out I have a hard time deciding what to wear. I look at other people and some are very casual, others are more dressed up, some are flashy. I guess I want to know what I shouldn't wear. I don't want to go out and look out of place. Any suggestions?
I am soooooo happy you asked about what not to wear on the dance floor. First of all you want to look good but feel comfortable. Here is the top 5 items that look bad on the dance floor:
1. Low rise jeans- These are not very flattering on many women because they are too tight, too low, and show too much.
2. Cropped tops- Unless you have a really nice tummy your midsection should not be showing. It will look like your top is too small.
3. Short skirts without tight shorts underneath- This is a problem. If you see men crowding around you and you think it's because of your dancing, it may be because they are getting to see too much.
4. Strapless Dresses- These cause mishaps on the floor. Fast dancing....spinning.....tugging the dress or shirt up. Not very fun.
5. Heels that are too high- If you are going to be dancing for hours, why wear something uncomfortable? Invest in good salsa shoes that are 2 inches in height. These are flexible and there are MANY styles to choose from, leave the stilettos at home ladies.
Take this advice and you will avoid any mishaps on the dance floor.
"Beauty is power, a smile is it's sword." -Charles Reade