Items That Should Go:
1. Tags still attached: How long has it been hanging in that closet of yours? You either have no idea how to wear it or you don't feel comfortable enough in it to leave the house.
2. The piece you've only worn once: You tried it out and saw hideous pictures of yourself in it so why would you hold on to something like that?
3. Too small/ too big: If you tend to fluctuate in weight, feel free to have section for these pieces but you must keep in mind, it may be best to let them go. Sometimes we think we will lose or gain weight, but why have a mindset of something uncertain?
4. Shoes: Uncomfortable, too tight, slipping out of them or only wore them once.
5. Jewelry and more jewelry: This is a big one ladies! We tend to emphasize cleaning out our closets but if you take the time to go through your jewelry box, you'll find that 3/4 of those pieces have hardly been used at all. Mostly because of you've forgotten about them or received them as a gift.
Now you should be ready to pack your things up and kiss them goodbye. Instead of taking them to Goodwill, consider swapping them out. This gives you the chance find pieces that you'll wear more than once. Not only that, it gives you an excuse to go out with your girlfriends or solo, and enjoy a weekday getaway.
Join us! Seattle's 1st Annual Swapping Spree on August 31st will not only be a swap, you will have the opportunity to indulge in beauty services by local experts, Duque Salon and Tiffany Nash Beauty. Don't miss your chance! Purchase your tickets and find more information at swappingspree.eventbrite.com.
The proceeds of this event are benefiting AdelantNow.org. Additionally, your un-swapped items will be donated to Jubilee Woman's Center - "To provide woman a supportive place to live and an opportunity to learn will become self-reliant in housing and employment".