Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The art of layering

This look represents Fall 2010 by Diane Von Furstenberg. Yes Spring has hardly begun and I am posting a look for Fall. I tend to get ahead of myself with all the excitement of new combo ideas in fashion.

This look is thrown together and most certainly works. Maybe it is because the economy had our style restricted and cuts too classic and conservative that now we feel the need to reach out and grab everything we own. We have learned to make our pieces work, we have begun to modernize what we already own by adding maybe one new item. But no joke, this look really fits nicely if done right. In Seattle we are always in search for the perfect layering combinations to keep us looking good but at the same time keeping us warm. I think I might have found it :-)

How to pull this off:

1.) Take your spring dress
2.) Add a neutral colored tee
3.) Accessorize it with a belt
4.) Throw on your favorite over sized and most comfortable sweater

"You're always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company." - Diane Von Furstenberg

1 comment:

  1. I’m having a small issue I cannot make my reader pick up your feed, I’m using google reader by the way.

    ReplyDelete