Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Correct Way to Wear a Maxi Skirt


You may have noticed the huge maxi-skirt trend seen on the stars on the streets and on the models of the runways. It’s a great trend to try, but if not done right, the maxi skirt will leave you looking frumpy. Although the maxi is most flattering on tall women, any woman can pull off the look by following these styling tips:

1) Add Interest
Although the maxi trend was influenced by the 70’s, that doesn’t mean you have to copy the trend literally. It’s 2011 and you want to look modern, so add interest with a long necklace, dangly earrings, edgy booties or high-heeled boots. If your skirt  is in a neutral color, wear a colored top. Or instead of a basic maxi skirt, try a ruffled skirt.


2) Wear a Fitted Top
To balance out the amount of volume on bottom, you need to wear a fitted shirt on top. Avoid billowy blouses that can make you look big. Try a button-up shirt, a basic tee, or a screen-printed tee.


3) Define Your Waist



Under all those layers of clothes, the shape of your body will disappear. Define your waist by tucking in your top, wearing a belt, and/or wearing a cropped jacket or cardigan, but please no crop tops.












14 comments:

  1. R0EEvW wwtkqqrfpzux, [url=http://cdrgvrochcry.com/]cdrgvrochcry[/url], [link=http://rjfcwyijxtzm.com/]rjfcwyijxtzm[/link], http://sigxcyxbiyak.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there I am so delighted I found your webpage, I really found you by mistake, while I was searching on Google for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a incredible post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wrote some good parts here. I searched for the topic and found plenty of people who agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have been reading your blog from sometime and i must say you always maintain good consistency,hence i always enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just added your web site to my favorites. I like reading your posts. Ty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your thoughtful present of having written this article. The message seems to be given to me specifically. Our son also had a lot to learn from this – though he was the individual that found your site first. Most of us can’t imagine a more superb present than a gift to encourage that you do more.
    My website is about Beach wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why is it I always really feel like you do?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you are doing with the blog man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. live tv online our system bans embraced codes routinely. Be good boys :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post right here. One thing I would really like to say is the fact most professional areas consider the Bachelors Degree like thejust like the entry level requirement for an online diploma. While Associate Certification are a great way to begin, completing your current Bachelors opens many opportunities to various careers, there are numerous online Bachelor Course Programs available through institutions like The University of Phoenix, Intercontinental University Online and Kaplan. Another concern is that many brick and mortar institutions offer you Online editions of their qualifications but normally for a substantially higher cost than the firms that specialize in online education plans.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a nice blog you have over here! It's very usefull information for me and I just want to thank you for that! If you post more threads as this one, I'll follow your blog active!

    ReplyDelete
  12. http://julcrevi608.monblogue.branchez-vous.com/ Thanks for that awesome posting. It saved MUCH time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi-ya i found your blog today and I have read some awesome information over here. I just wanna thanks you for posting sex date it so we all can learn about it!

    ReplyDelete