Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Digging Deep

'Cabin Fever' - if your energy level went down during this snow filled week, it's time to get into the regular groove again!
-{Pineapple Muffins}-

I haven't worked from home in over a year, I had to cancel (which I NEVER do) 10 appointments this week and didn't go to my office once.

Let me just say, day 1 was close to routine with my daily run, answering e-mails, getting all dressed up, and straigtening my hair. By day 4 I had my hair in a bun, pulled out my sweats and v-neck cotton tee, and filled my day with baking (literally all day).

It really got me thinking, when I dress up, I really dress up for myself, to show up completely for the job at hand. It just goes to show how the clothing I choose to wear affects my mood and energy.

What I wore this week and how it got me up and going:
Snow Gear: This outfit was too warm, I couldn't be inside for long. It got me out of the house and into the chilly weather to walk my dogs.

Workout gear: Gets me enregeized and committed to head over to the gym.
Sweats and a Tee: I find my inner domestic self and choose to clean and bake and stay indoors. In this clothing I don't get to the gym, answer e-mails, or get anything done on my to-do list.

Now from the top of my head, I can come up with a few favorites:

Brown Rouched Dress: Sexy yet elegant and definitely not over the top

Red Lycra/Cotton Dress: A subtle sexy, casual look that is easy to wear.
Flat Boots: On a mission to clean closets!
Tights: Long, lean, and professional.
Lace Up Suede Boots: The extra height I crave, super edgy and feminine.

Become aware of yourself and your clothing. Make the necessary changes to your closet for a more successful and accomplished year . If there are certain colors or sepeartes that dampen your mood, take them out now. The pieces that boost your confidence and make you feel great, those are definite keepers and should be worn often.

I want to challenge you to notice how certain pieces of clothing make you feel. 

Share pictures of your favorite pieces and why you wear them to tannyab@gmail.com or on the facebook page: tbstylist

No comments:

Post a Comment