Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

How to create three outfits from one vest



:::STYLE TIP::: If you own a draped vest, try pairing it with a belted dress or top to create a new look.



:::STYLE TIP::: Want to make a dress go from evening to day? Add a vest and boots and you have a new day outfit.



:::STYLE TIP::: If you have a lot of blouses and dress pants, add a vest to update the look and make it chic.

Dear Tannya Bernadette,

I am not in the best financial state at the time but want to purchase a piece I can get use of. There are so many trends and I don't want to get stuck with clothing that will linger in my closet with the tag still attached. What do you suggest I should purchase?

Sincerely,

Confused Shopper


Dear Confused Shopper,

Vivenne Tam did a fabulous job showing how to make a vest fit in with many of her pieces. This is an item you can use year round by combining it in so many ways.

I do want to advise that the length of the vest should be flattering to your figure.

Here are a few tips:

Fuller hips = longer vest around hip length or so
avoid pockets near bottom of vest, you do not want to draw attention

Smaller bust = nice deep neck line
collar or detailing near top of the vest

Hour glass figure = a nice belted vest would be flattering to accentuate
your little waist

Buy a vest and make a new look.

"Taste is having the courage of your own convictions." - Willamina (Ugly Betty)

-Tannya Bernadette

4 comments:

  1. Hello! I guess there is something wrong with your RSS, i wanted to subscribe, but it didn't worked. Can you please check and email me when it's on again? Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta favorite this internet site it seems extremely helpful very beneficial But wanna input that you have a very decent website , I the style it actually stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I consider something truly interesting about your web blog so I saved to fav. I genuinely treasure your work , Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some bugs in html or css code in the footer.

    ReplyDelete