Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Shedding the layers. Tops that flatter, that speak, that move.

TEXTURE
INC Short Sleeve Surplice with Rosettes: $49 @ Macys
:::STYLE ADVICE::: This cotton piece is stylish comfortable and light. Pair it with
cropped khaki pants and wedge shoes during the day and a colorful skirt at night. Add some small earrings to add some uninteruptive jewels.
PATTERNS
Gemma Ropes Silk Top: $130 @ Piperlime
:::STYLE ADVICE::: Silk equates to luxury and is so soft on skin. This piece has a casual essence to it but the silk puts it up a notch. The natural design in the pattern with the two tone color makes this top one that is easy to wear, even if you are not used to wearing patterns. Pair this with high waisted pants, dark denim with cuffs on the pants or a pencil skirt at night with an extra open button.




EMBELLISHMENTS

Caslon Embellished Tee: $44 @ Nordstrom
:::STYLE ADVICE::: The beautiful bead and sequin embellisment make this top a statement piece. It is a comfortable cotton and easy to move around in. Put your hair up in the day and down at night.



Dear Tannya Bernadette,
I have switched from working as a chiropractor with a more reserved dress code to working in a stylish urban spa where I have the opportunity to express myself. My closet is filled with a lot of the clothing I used to wear which were dress pants and collared tops in all solid colors.
I cannot wear jewelry because it gets in the way, I also cannot wear low cut tops because I am leaning over paitents. In addition, layering is not an option, especially in Spring it gets too warm in the room.

What kind of tops do you suggest I add?

Sincerely,

Breaking out of my old style
Dear Breaking out of my old style,
You have a clean slate to start with. You may want pieces that go from work, to day, to night, that way you can get more use as you start rejuvinating your closet.
My advice: Take advantage of texture, embellishments, and prints. This may be a bold move, but enjoy your new sense of freedom.
Check out my top picks above.
"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity." - Plato
-Tannya Bernadette

No comments:

Post a Comment