Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Save the Girls III

Materials used: Blue fabric, purple fabric, feathers, gold muffin cups, and purple glass beads


Price: $17.68


Time spent sewing: 8 hours



I believe in miracles.... I know the impossible IS possible.

Growing up, one of my best friends was a boy 5 years younger than me and I always felt it was up to me to take care of him. Laughter is the best medicine, he was the silliest most entertaining kid to be around and through it all, his mother was battling breast cancer.

The cancer one day had litteraly spread to her whole body and there was nothing the doctors could do. In bed, motionless, she was about to give up. No one could make her feel at ease. Then suddenly the thought of her 3 children brought her out of bed and immediatley the pain had left. At her next doctor visit, EVERYONE was completely stunned....it had dissapeared, the cancer was gone.

2011 marks more than 10 years that this brave woman is cancer free.

Participating in Save the Girls is my contribution to help find a cure. I've seen my friend and his family struggle and in the end find releif, but there are still many others battling.

My bra this year was inspired by salsa dancing since all I did the week before was practice for the NW Salsa Competition. It was a pleasure to donate my time and prick my little fingers trying to sew it all by hand.

Thank you to Little Black Dress Events for putting together another great event!

Article by NW Source: http://www.nwsource.com/shopping/blog/save-girls-designer-bra-fashion-show-features-models-clad-celebrity-designed-brassieres?sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4ded1b91858b4aff%2C0

1 comment:

  1. your article ranks high on bing and i also must say your regular way of writing deserves your website to become such high in rankings.i liked your writing style.thanks.

    ReplyDelete