Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Expect the unexpected

Let me share with you a new client who LOVES to shop, owns many designer pieces, and had only worn the same few items over and over again. She found me at my consignment boutique and told me she knows she has great pieces but needs help condensing her closet and finding out how to use what she already owns.

When I opened her closet I couldn’t believe the variety of clothing she had. I could tell she knew how to search for quality and understood what she liked but wasn’t making the most of her wardrobe. When I asked her how she would describe her style she explained, “I love to attend art shows and like to wear the unexpected, but I am not showing off my creative side as much as I’d like.”

I had three sessions with her and after the first consultation she couldn’t believe how many outfits could come from her wardrobe and she saw her pieces in a whole new light. The best part was to hear her say she wanted to go out more because she feels so good in everything now.

Three ways to achieve the unexpected look:


Mix Prints!



A floral top can be combined with polka dots or stripes. Just make sure you have the right shoe to bring together the look. Here I used a pale yellow heel to add more color and lighten the look for springtime!


Casual vs. Dressy



Why women don't wear their favorite pieces more often? They categorize their shoes, tops, pants, skirts, etc as casual or dressy and strictly use it that way. Look at how great this outfit looks! A cotton striped "casual" top with a flirty floral "dressy" skirt and of course the perfect shoe a color blocked flat sandal to make this "dressy" skirt appropriate for a summer day.


Combining different textures


I wouldn't pair a cotton tee and a cotton vest, instead wear a silky floral top and a long coton vest in a slightly heavier weight with your favorite black pants and sandals. A laid back, effortlessly put together look. People will look at how great you look and wonder, how does she do that?


That is just a little sneak peak at the magic of combining pieces in new ways. Try something new, have fun with the pieces you love and wear them more often.

9 comments:

  1. Just wish to say your article is as surprising. The clarity in your post is simply nice and i can assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the rewarding work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do look forward to your upcoming updates.I will grab your rss feed. Much success in your posting efforts! carcoverspal.com/BMW.html BMW Car Covers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super piece of writing, I must say i look ahead to messages by you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://livechatpussy.com/ Thanks for that awesome posting. It saved MUCH time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. plr ebook hello there,
    just found you on msn. Fantastic write-up, I was just thinking around something comparable. May well start out blogging myself! Thanks plr articles

    ReplyDelete
  6. online slots
    With out any actual preparation, a player online pokie games can proper away go a lot more than to 1 of those devices, put in some money and just pull the lever.

    ReplyDelete