Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Beauty Everywhere


This whole look was constructed by pieces I happened to come across, but love individually. In life we have a mission, a set goal, but have to be open to accepting the unplanned, spontaneous adventures that come along. I am embarking on a journey of discovering beauty and happiness in many small things. Finding a way to bring everything I love together is pure bliss.
 
Story of each piece:
Coral Pants: As a stylist, one big perk is getting tons of Nordstrom Points. With my points I had purchased $150 worth of Free People and got a complimentary gift.......colored pants!! Super bold for me at the time, these seemed way to bright, but I tried them on and have since found many ways to wear them

Forever 21 Top: Yes....you read that right, Forever 21! My only piece from there and the only reason I own it is because I hosted a skating party with my friends last winter 2012 and wanted to buy something cheap and disposable. This ended up lasting more than 3 wears, but it already close to it's end. I'm not attached...but in the meantime....I'll take it out of the closet.

Gold Embroidered Necklace: I went into a consignment shop in Ballard to look for furniture and found this necklace which I love to layer.
 
Wedges: Ann Taylor chose me as their Seattle brand ambassador in 2011 and I received a gift card of $200. I had never shopped there for myself and I had to buy a complete outfit to wear to the event. The first thing I found that was unique and fit perfect were these wedges which I still wear today.




Top: Forever 21, Coral Denim: Free People, Wedges: Ann Taylor, Jeweled Necklace: J. Crew, Embroidered Gold Necklace: Unknown
 
Just a little video that matches the blog:
Macy Gray - Beauty in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment